Microsoft’s Kinect debuted in November of 2010 to remarkable commercial success, selling over 8 million units in its first 60 days and capturing the Guinness World Record for ‘fastest selling electronic device in history’. It sold faster than the iPod, faster than the iPhone, faster even than the iPad—an amazing feat any way you look at it. But what makes this device so compelling? Is it the broad appeal of motion gaming? The novelty of using one’s body as a remote? Or is it because thousands of hackers around the world have managed to bend the Kinect’s Minority Report inspired control scheme to their will? For our part, we think it’s the latter. In fact, the video below demonstrates but one of the ways the Kinect has been hacked to perform a task it was never designed to do, yet seemed destined for from the outset.
Fine Arts Recent Posts:
- What’s the difference between oil-based NSP clay by Chavant and water-based WED clay by Laguna?
- How to Safely Get Your Sculptures to American Fine Arts Foundry
- An Introduction to Artist Armatures
- The Importance of Pricing for Your Market Level
- The Importance of Proper Market Placement
- The Importance of a Cohesive Collection
- Does patina really affect the impact of your fine art bronze?
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part III
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part II
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part I
Fine Arts Archives:
Fine Arts Categories:
Fine Arts Meta:
- Where does your work belong? From our friends @CODAWorx. Learn about CODAawards and ten design categories. Showcase… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @AFAFoundry: #Designers, #Architects, creatives all work with American Fine Arts because they are a better #foundry and #artfabrication… 1 week ago
- RT @AFAFoundry: @AFAFoundry honors Patrick V. Kipper’s groundbreaking Research and the book Art of Patination for Silicon Bronze. We’re now… 1 week ago
- RFPs - New This Week from our friends at @CODAWorx. See the list of all open #RFP’s make many with your creativity.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- "Art is not a thing; it is a way." ~ ELBERT HUBBARD 1 week ago