It’s not often you come across a work of art that stops you dead in your tracks. Maybe you’ve seen the Sistine Chapel (breathtaking, to be sure), or you’ve gazed upon Venus of Willendorf (and marveled that you were in the presence of an artifact that predates the Greeks by some 20,000 years), but how often do you experience something truly novel in the art world? Something so fresh, so new, that your passion, not just for sculpture, but for creation and innovation is reinvigorated. Check out the amazing video below, and see how Sachiko Kodama and Yasushi Miyajima created their gorgeous kinetic sculpture using ferrofluid, magnets, and music.
Fine Arts Recent Posts:
- What’s the difference between oil-based NSP clay by Chavant and water-based WED clay by Laguna?
- How to Safely Get Your Sculptures to American Fine Arts Foundry
- An Introduction to Artist Armatures
- The Importance of Pricing for Your Market Level
- The Importance of Proper Market Placement
- The Importance of a Cohesive Collection
- Does patina really affect the impact of your fine art bronze?
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part III
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part II
- How to take professional looking photos of your sculpture on a budget: part I
Fine Arts Archives:
Fine Arts Categories:
Fine Arts Meta:
- American Fine Arts pioneered the process of using the VoxelJet Industrial scale printer for art foundry projects. A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- “Only art penetrates… the seeming realities of this world. There is another reality, the genuine one, which we lose… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Meet Brett Barney | AFA's Chief Collaborator Imagine your complex, physics-defying artwork concept realized. shoutoutla.com/meet-brett-bar… 2 months ago
- Artists from Across the Americas Encouraged To Submit Qualifications for Five Major Permanent Works of Public Art a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Are you looking for a better #foundry, #fabrication & installation service? @AFAFoundry is exclusively for artists,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago